Sunday, April 5, 2020

Monday, April 6th: Checking our Work on Newton's Laws

Happy Monday, 8th Graders!
Thanks to all of you who completed and sent me your Newton's Laws practice page.  

Today your goal is to check your work and review Newton's Laws of Motion.  Don't focus just on getting the right answer.  Make sure you understand and can explain examples of Newton's 3 Laws.

VIDEO 1:
In this video, I go over the first page of practice problems, titled "Which Law?":

Here's a HANDOUT of the slides in the video.

Here is an ANSWER KEY to the first page of practice problems.



VIDEO 2:
In this video, I go over the second page of practice problems, titled "Newton in Pictures":


Here is a HANDOUT of the slides in the video.

Here is an ANSWER KEY to the second page of practice problems.



Today's Assignment:
Send me an email message (adolan@hccs481.org), Instagram message (ms.dolans_science), or leave a comment below to tell me these TWO things:
  • On a scale of 0 to 5 (0 = I'm lost!; 5 = I totally get it!), tell me how well you are understanding Newton's Laws of Motion.  Give a brief explanation for your number.
  • Tell me what, if anything, would be helpful for you to understand better (more practice, more diagrams, more videos, time to ask questions, etc.)

3 comments:

  1. i think i am a 3. i kinda know about it but i think there is more room for me to learn for of it and get the gist of it. i think if i had more notes i can write down, would help me a lot! so i can go back to it, when ever i get confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About a 4 I get the differences of each law and definitions I just need to get the hang of it the videos and notes really did help a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the videos helped! Naliah, feel free to use the videos to take notes. There is lots of info there that you can write down and refer back to. :-)

    ReplyDelete