Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Wednesday, April 1: Let's Learn About Viruses!

Happy April, 8th graders!

Since we are all stuck at our houses because of a virus, I thought it would be a good idea to learn more about viruses.  Below is a link to a video I made for you.  I'm not a professional and I know it's awkward- maybe I'll get better at this in the next few weeks!

Bonus:  See if you can hear my cats fighting in the background of this video.


Here is a link to a note-catcher: Virus Note-Catcher but you don't need it- just write down new things you learn on any sheet of paper.

If you want to go through the slides on your own here they are: Virus Slide Show

Assignment:
Share your answers by emailing adolan@hccs481.org, writing a comment here on this website, or sending a DM on Instagram: ms.dolans_science.

     What are THREE new things you learned about viruses?

     What are TWO things you are doing to stay safe from COVID-19

     What is ONE question you still have?


2 comments:

  1. 1.Virus is one type of pathogen cause a disease
    2.Really tiny
    3.The need to reproduce to survive

    1.wash your hands well and often
    2.Stay home

    1.Why is COVID-19 so important to saty away from people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you wrote this comment, could you either share your first name or send me an email (adolan@hccs481.org) so I know who you are? Thanks!

      It's so important to stay away from people because it is very contagious and since it's new there is no medicine or vaccine to fight it yet.

      Delete